Darkness Into Light – Be in with a chance to win a year’s free electricity when you sign up to take part in Darkness Into Light 2023.
- The promoter is Electric Ireland, 2 Swift Square, Northwood, Santry, Dublin 9 (hereinafter “the Promoter”). Electric Ireland is the customer supply business unit of Electricity Supply Board (“ESB”).
- The promotion is being run in association with Pieta House (“Pieta”), a registered Irish charity, which organises the Darkness into Light event
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Promotion and/or these Terms and Conditions of the Promotion at any time and for any reason.
- By entering, Participants will be deemed to have accepted, and be bound by, these Terms and Conditions.
- To qualify for the Promotion, participants must register online at www.darknessintolight.ie before midnight on 14th April 2023 to take part in Darkness Into Light 2023, which takes place on Saturday May 6th 2023.
- There are two prizes available.
- In the event of any dispute regarding this Promotion, the conduct or results of the Promotion or any other matter relating to the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter will be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by the Promoter.
- The Promotion is open only to residents in the Republic of Ireland, who are aged 18 years or over.
- The promotion is open until midnight on 14th April 2023 (Competition closing date)
- Should the winner not already be an Electric Ireland customer, they must become an Electric Ireland customer to avail of the prize
- The prize is not transferrable
- New customers are subject to a 12-month contract as per new account T&Cs
- The promotion is not open to employees of ESB or its subsidiaries
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify entrants’ eligibility and may ask for proof of identity, residency and age which shall be deemed satisfactory at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- In the event that a prize winner is disqualified from the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, select an alternative prize winner in the same manner as the original prize winner and such selection shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Two prize winners shall be chosen at random on April 17th 2023.
- Prize winners shall be notified by phone and/or email before 21st April 2023. Winners will be contacted between office hours (8.30am-4.45pm GMT) Monday – Friday
- The winner must be contactable in order to claim their prize and confirm their account details.
- The prize consists of a year's free electricity up to the value of an estimated annual bill, as stipulated by CRU at the time of competition, of €2,023.30* per winner.
*Estimated annual bill €2,023.30 based on 24-hour, residential electricity credit meter, standard unit rates, including PSO levy rebate and VAT from March 2023, subject to change.
Prizes may be subject to changes
- In the event that a winner cannot be contacted via phone or email before 21st April 2023, the prize will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If a prize winner declines the prize, or cannot claim the prize in full, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Prizes are non-transferable and NO CASH ALTERNATIVES OR REFUNDS WILL BE OFFERED.
- The Promoter may post the prize winner’s name on its website and social media accounts, including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Winners will have three options of what details they are happy with being posted:
a. Name and Surname from County e.g. Mary Smith, Co. Longford
b. Name from County e.g. Mary, Co. Longford
c. Winner in County e.g. Winner in Longford
- When an individual signs up to Darkness Into Light online at www.darknessintolight.ie before midnight April 14th 2023, their registration for the event will act as the competition entry
- All data from Darkness into Light registrations, and therefore competition entries, is held solely by Pieta
- Data collected for this Promotion will be used as per Pieta’s Data Protection policy , the promoter will not use data for any other purpose other than selecting winners.
- Pieta will draw the two winning entries and share these with Electric Ireland to contact and proceed with delivery of the prizes. These will be the only details shared with Electric Ireland.
- Please refer to the Electric Ireland Privacy notice & cookies policy | Electric Ireland for information on how we store your data
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or their subject matter (including the Promotion), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law.
The Courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).