Electric Ireland is part of ESB Group and operates as an Electricity and Gas Supply company serving the Industrial, Commercial and Residential Markets. Our supply service to our customers includes the following activities: purchasing of electricity and gas, setting prices, billing, payment, contract management, provision of energy services, marketing and customer communications.
Our commitments are to:
- Identify the environmental issues associated with our core activities and manage them appropriately.
- Set environmental objectives appropriate to the purpose and context of our business activities.
- Review our performance regularly against those objectives and take appropriate and timely action where necessary.
- Maximise energy efficiency and conservation in all our operations and encourage our customers to use energy efficiently and effectively.
- Protect the environment, prevent pollution and conduct our business in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Communicate this policy to our staff, suppliers, contractors, partners and customers.
- Comply with statutory and regulatory environmental requirements pertaining to our business operations.
- Continually improve our Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance.
In Electric Ireland we recognise that our business activities impact on the environment and that it is our responsibility to manage these impacts in a manner that contributes to the sustainable development of the economy and provides a high level of protection for our natural environment. This aligns Electric Ireland with the ESB Group Policy Statement on Environmental Management and Sustainability.
Date: 14th November 2018