At Electric Ireland we are aware that some of our customers may experience financial difficulties and uncertainty, and we have some supports in place to assist customers in such circumstances.
- In March 2021, a €2 Million Hardship Fund was announced to support customers who were having difficulty in paying bills initially as a result of the Covid pandemic and then as a result of increasing energy costs.
- This autumn an additional €3 Million was added to the Hardship Fund to help customers who have difficulty paying their bills. The fund will operate throughout the winter months and into next year to ensure customers who need assistance in paying bills are supported. Access to the fund is administered on our behalf by our partners SVP (Society of St Vincent de Paul) and MABS (Money Advice and Budgeting Service) in the form of energy credits.
- The rules of the fund are as follows:
- Customers must be with Electric Ireland for at least 12 months
- Accounts must be live
- Any credits (when applied) to the account may only be used against energy usage
- No cash refunds offered
- Duplicate applications will not be considered (one application per contract account permitted)
Customers who are experiencing financial difficulty or having trouble paying their energy bills are asked to please call our team on 1800 50 40 21. Alternatively customers can either call MABs or contact their local SVP office.