Help & Support

How do I close an electricity or gas account?

You will need the following information to complete this task …

  • Your Gas and / or electricity meter reading. If you’re not sure how to get this, please visit our Help section - How to read your electricity meter and How to read your gas meter.
  • Your MPRN for electricity or GPRN for gas. If you’re renting, you can get these from the previous occupant, landlord or estate agent.
  • Your Electric Ireland gas and / or electricity account number.
  • The new occupant's name and phone number (if available).

Once you have these items ready, please fill in our moving out form.

  • Did this answer your question?