Please follow the steps below to set up or change your direct debit details:
- Log in to your online account.
- Click “View this Account” on the account you want to add or change bank details.
- Click on ‘Plan & Direct Debit’ in the account navigation menu.
- Under “Billing” you can set up Direct Debit payment method by clicking on “Set Up Direct Debit” or amend the existing IBAN by clicking “Edit Direct Debit”.
- Under Direct Debit Settings, enter your IBAN* and your full name on as it appears on your bank account.
- Authorise Direct Debit payments by select the check box and click “Update details”.
* Only Republic of Ireland based bank account can be used to set up a Direct Debit online.
Using a non-Irish Bank Account
If your bank account is not based in the Republic of Ireland (e.g. accounts with any other prefix than “IE”), we are unable to process your direct debit setup online. Paperless mandates are not authorised under SEPA Scheme Rules by Banking and Payments Federation of Ireland (BPFI). We can set up your Direct Debit instruction, but we are required to obtain a signed paper Direct Debit mandate. As much as we would prefer to offer an online set-up facility this is not currently within Electric Ireland’s control. If you would like to use a non-Irish bank account to set up your Direct Debit with, please complete and return the direct debit mandate form (PDF).
Benefits of setting up a Direct Debit
- You will save 5% on your bills.
- Peace of mind - all your bills are paid on time automatically.
- Your bill payment will be taken from your bank account 14 days after your bill is issued.
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback