Guide for Landlords and Letting agents on moving in and moving out

There are two options available to landlords and letting agents which will ensure that the supply of electricity and/or gas is not disconnected from a premises between lettings and so avoid associated disconnection and reconnection charges.

Option 1 – Landlord’s agreement form

By completing this form you agree to take responsibility for the accounts at your premises in the period between a tenant moving out and a new tenant moving in. This guarantees the gas and / or electricity supply will continue between lettings. The form only needs to be completed once and the arrangement will activate automatically between lettings.

Option 2 Changing the account to your name

Alternatively, you can complete the moving in form each time a tenant moves out which means you take responsibility for the account until a new tenant advises us of their move in.
  • Did this answer your question?