We know it’s probably on the ‘to do’ list, but insulating your house is genuinely a good investment and with the SEAI grants
available, the initial financial outlay may not be as expensive as you would think. The current grant system is ending at the end of this year, so if you’re thinking about it, it’s a good reason to do it now before the grant structure changes and because we are currently offering 10% off all our home services
until 31st August. In this blog we talk you through what grants are available to you and how to apply
Save up to €433 on your heating bills
We asked our Home Services Team just how much exactly you can save on your heating bills by making the investment and we were quite surprised. The average 3 bed semi can save up to €433 off their heating bills in a year by getting attic and cavity wall insulation work done. This costs just €671.40 after grants and 10% discount offer. For the nerds among us that works out to be a return of 64% and considering that the average savings account will return 4%, it’s a really good investment.
Below is the list of grants available and the typical cost.
* based on an average heating bill of €1238 for a 3 bed semi detached house
** Click here for more information on the above grants
• The above savings assumption are based on a BER rating of E1 (most pre 2004 houses are this rating)
Things you should know
- The above SEAI grants are finishing in December 2013.
- The minimum grant amount for the first application must be €400
- If you apply Online: you will get a response within 3 working days
- If you apply by post you will get a response within 20 working days
- For more information or to download an application form got to -
- All paperwork must be submitted together within the six month grant offer period.
- All rental properties are legally obliged to have a BER Cert.
Quick energy audit
If you want to find out how much you are entitled to and how much you can save on your heating bills- fill out this Quick Quote Short Form and you will get an instant energy audit and quote for your home. Or download the app for a quick estimate.