There are many ways to increase safety levels for children when they are around electrical appliances.
- Make sure all cords to your appliances (e.g. iron, kettle) are kept well out of the reach of children.
- Teach your child not to touch electrical appliances with wet hands.
- Always fit safety caps into unused sockets, and always place child locks on washing machine doors.
- Always protect heaters and electric fires with a safety guard.
- Never let your child wander near outdoor power lines and transformers. Never allow children to climb trees near power lines.
See more information on Electrical safety around the home.
- Did this answer your question?