You will need the following information to open an electricity or gas account ...
- Your gas and / or electricity meter reading. If you’re not sure how to get this, please visit our Help section - How to read your electricity meter and How to read your gas meter.
- Your MPRN for electricity or GPRN for gas. If you’re renting, you can get these from the previous occupant, landlord or estate agent.
- Your Electric Ireland account number from your previous address if applicable.
- Agreed transfer meter reading with the occupant leaving the premises you’re moving in to, if applicable.
Please note that all new customers or those who have not held an account within the past two years must either sign up for Direct Debit OR pay a security deposit of €300.
Once you have these items ready, please fill in our Open account form
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback