If the electricity supply to your home has been disconnected, or you’re moving into a new home with no electricity or gas supply, here's what you should do ...
- Electricity reconnection: Contact us on 1800 372 372. The next step will depend on how long your electricity supply has been disconnected.
- Disconnection for less than two years: Call us on 1800 372 372. Please note, disconnections of more than six months will require an electrical contractor to check and certify the wiring.
- Disconnections of more than two years and new self-built houses: To get an electrical contractor to certify the wiring, you can call ESB Networks on 1800 372 757. Then complete the application form for new connections. Once completed send it to: ESB Networks Services Bureau, PO Box 29, Garrycastle, Athlone, Co Westmeath.
- New connection in a new housing estate or apartment: You should call ESB Networks on 1800 372 757 with your Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN). This will be available from your builder.
- How much will it cost?: See ESB Networks' list of connection charges.
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback