How do I get my electricity supply connected?

If the electricity supply to your home has been disconnected, or you’re moving into a new home with no electricity or gas supply, here's what you should do ...

  • Electricity reconnection: Contact us on 1850 372 372. The next step will depend on how long your electricity supply has been disconnected.
  • Disconnection for less than two years: Call us on 1850 372 372. Please note, disconnections of more than six months will require an electrical contractor to check and certify the wiring.
  • Disconnections of more than two years and new self-built houses: To get an electrical contractor to certify the wiring, you can call ESB Networks on 1850 372 757. Then complete the application form for new connections (PDF). Once completed send it to: ESB Networks Services Bureau, PO Box 29, Garrycastle, Athlone, Co Westmeath.
  • New connection in a new housing estate or apartment: You should call ESB Networks on 1850 372 757 with your Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN). This will be available from your builder.
  • How much will it cost?: See ESB Networks' list of connection charges.
  • Did this answer your question?