An Energy Engage Code was launched in May 2014.
This is a voluntary code where all Irish energy suppliers have pledged to ensure that they will take a number of actions to ensure that customers in arrears and/or at risk of disconnection, remain connected to their energy supply.
In this context, Electric Ireland commits to:
- Never disconnect an engaging customer.
- Provide every opportunity to customers to avoid disconnection.
- Identify any of our customers at risk of disconnection and encourage them to talk to us as early as possible.
- Treat our customers as individuals, recognising that no two customers face the same circumstances.
- Offer a range of payment options to find the most appropriate payment option for a customer in arrears as well as arranging realistic payment plans.
- Always offer a customer in arrears Pay As You Go (PAYG) as an alternative to disconnection, where a network solution is available.
- Work with customer representatives and support agencies working on behalf of our customers, such as the Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS).
If you are having trouble paying your bill please call us on 1850 372 372.
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback