The Public Service Obligation Levy (PSO) is mandated by the Irish Government and approved by the European Commission to support the generation of electricity from sustainable, renewable and indigenous sources.
The levy is calculated and certified annually by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU) in accordance with relevant legislation and all energy suppliers are required to collect this levy from customers. For further information please visit cru.ie
What are the PSO levy rates for business customers?
The amount of PSO you pay for your business premises is based on your Maximum Import Capacity (MIC).
The current PSO levy rates for businesses from 1st of October 2020 to 30th September 2021 are:
- PSO where MIC < 30kVA = €21.41 per month (Excl. VAT)
- PSO where MIC => 30kVA = €2.78 per kVA per month (Excl. VAT)
The new PSO levy rates for businesses from 1st of October 2021 to 30th September 2022 will be:
- PSO where MIC < 30kVA = €13.63 per month (Excl. VAT)
To download your bills and view your energy usage over time, please login to Business Online or you can sign up here.
- PSO where MIC => 30kVA = €1.63 per kVA per month (Excl. VAT)
If you are a Residential customer, please see our Residential PSO Levy Explanation.
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback