This error message indicates that communication between the Smarter Home Hub (gateway) and the Smarter Home app has been disconnected. Follow the steps outlined below in order to re-establish the connection:
- First, ensure that the home broadband router is plugged in and switched on. Check the instructions of the broadband router supplier to check if it is on. We suggest switching it off and on again and allowing a few minutes for your connection to be re-established.
- Next, ensure that the Smarter Home Hub (gateway) is directly connected to your home’s broadband router. This connection is made via the Ethernet cable supplied during installation. The cable plugs into the Ethernet ports on the back of the Smarter Home Hub and your home’s broadband router.
No live data
This error message indicates that there is no live energy data being transmitted from your home to the Smarter Home app. Check that there is electricity supply to your house.
Just like Wi-Fi signals, the wireless signals used by the electricity monitoring clamp will have a limited range and could be hampered by objects such as walls and furniture.
Please ensure you have not changed the position where your Smarter Home Hub was installed by Electric Ireland.
Smart plug disconnected
This error message indicates that there is a problem with the smart plug connection. Follow the steps outlined below in order to re-establish the connection:
- Ensure that the device plug (e.g. lamp plug) is correctly connected to the smart plug.
- Ensure that the smart plug is connected to an active power socket within the home.
If the problem persists you may need to re-connect your smart plug and your Smarter Home Hub. Refer to ‘Installing / uninstalling a smart plug’ for more information
Smarter Home Hub (Gateway) not ready
The Smarter Home Hub (gateway) is waiting to connect to the system after first installation. This may take up to 10 minutes.
Smarter Home Hub (Gateway) restart
In the event that a manual restart of the Smarter Home Hub (gateway) is required, unplug the power cable and wait for approximately 20 seconds before plugging it in again. Please allow up to 2 minutes for the Smarter Home Hub to reconnect (indicated by the first two lights on the Smarter Home Hub lighting up as green, as well as the light above the cloud symbol). Allow a further 20 minutes for the current and historical consumption data to reappear in the app.
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback