Help & Support

How do I get a refund of my credit if I close my Electric Ireland Pay As You Go account?

When moving out and closing your PAYG account

If you move out of your property or decide to change supplier, Electric Ireland will refund any credits due to you by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) directly to your bank account.

When your PAYG meter is faulty or fails

If your Pay As You Go Meter fails or is faulty and you are entitled to a refund, Electric Ireland will issue you with a credit top-up to cover the amount of the refund. Alternatively, you can opt for a refund which will be issued to your bank account.

When you contact us to request refund, please have your bank account number (IBAN) ready in the format of IE64BOFI90583812345678. It may take up to 10 working days for the refunded amount to reach your bank account.

  • Did this answer your question?