1. The promoter and data controller is Electric Ireland, 2 Swift Square, Northwood, Santry, Dublin 9. Electric Ireland is the electricity and gas supply business unit of ESB.
2. This Promotion to current customers of the Promoter except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
3. The promoter has the right to change, alter or withdraw the promotion at any time.
4. In order to enter the Competition entries must be submitted via the entry form detailed on the competition blog page.
5. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
6. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the promoter.
7. Competition entries will be accepted from 9AM on the September 16th until the 28th September at 4PM.
8. There is 5x Prizes of a free gas boiler service and a carbon monoxide alarm. All prizes are subject to additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the promoter. To enter this competition you must have a gas boiler.
9. Prizes are non-transferable and will only be awarded to the winner and cannot be exchanged for cash.
10. The winner’s will be notified by email or telephone within 7 days of the closing date. The winner must claim the prize within 7 days of notification. Prizes not claimed within before then will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
11. The competition winner will be who, in the opinion of the judges, completed the tie breaker in the most apt and original way. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The panel of judges will include at least one member who is independent of Electric Ireland. Users will be permitted to enter once each day during the stated competition period.
12. Electric Ireland reserves the right to disqualify any entry submitted which does not adhere to the entry requirements.
13. Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this competition, Electric Ireland reserves the right to terminate this competition, amend these terms & conditions, or disqualify any entrant. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of ESB will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
14. Electric Ireland reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.
15. Electric Ireland may post the winners’ names on Facebook and Twitter and the winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising out of this promotion.
16. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on request to those writing to Electric Ireland, 2 Swift Square, Northwood, Santry, Dublin 9 within ten weeks after the closing date enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope.
17. Electric Ireland will not share any personal information of participants who engage with the competition with any third party.
18. Data collected from participants in the competition will be stored on secure servers for no longer than 12 months.
19. Non-compulsory data submitted (via Facebook application radio buttons) will be used by Electric Ireland to provide an enriched customer experience, and to provide customers with information about competitions/promotions which may be of interest to them.
20. By entering the promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of the personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and for the purposes of the promoter assessing the needs of its customers. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish Law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
22. Electric Ireland may, use the personal details supplied for the following purposes: to help Electric Ireland understand its customer’s habits and/or if the user opts in to marketing he/she gives Electric Ireland permission to contact him/her with relevant tailored offers by email, SMS or post, unless he/she opts out of the receipt of such.